The following information is based on the Norwegian Fantomet magazine, published fortnightly by Egmont Scandinavia. Egmont also publish Fantomen in Sweden with a very similar format (a few days prior to the Norwegian edition), and Mustanaamio in Finland. The content list in Sweden and Finland differs slightly, eg. Viggo doesn't usually appear in Fantomen, and the 8 pages of Phantom Club are not in Mustanaamio.
English translations of The Phantom stories created by Egmont's team of writers and artists are subsequently reprinted by Frew Publications (Australia) and Indian Express Egmont Publications (India).
Nr.13 / 2001
by Rolf Gohs
Nr.13 / 2001|
Release Date: 19 June 2001 (Norway), 14 June 2001 (Sweden), 14 June 2001 (Finland)
Future issues planned as of 23 July 2001 (subject to change without notice):
- Fa 14/2001 (3 Jul) The Spy (Lindahl)
- Fa 15/2001 (17 Jul) Night of the Pirates (Reimerthi & Boix)
- Fa 16/2001 (31 Jul) Prisoners of the Mafia (Raab & Felmang)
- Fa 17/2001 (14 Aug) The Shuttle (De Paul & Leppänen)
- Fa 18/2001 (28 Aug) Da Silva's Slaves (Hedman & Spadari)
- Fa 19/2001 (11 Sep) The Wharf Rats (Falk & Barry, D84) - including painted coverart by Sy Barry
- Fa 20/2001 (25 Sep) The Ghost House (Reimerthi & Boix)
- Fa 21/2001 (9 Oct) The Swamp's Treasure (Jönsson & Felmang)
- Fa 22/2001 (23 Oct) Lethal Cargo (Hedman & Perlin)
- Fa 23/2001 (6 Nov) The Cursed Gold (Lindahl)
... the remaining schedule is uncertain due to the illness of Heiner Bade:
- Fa 24/2001 (20 Nov) The Castaway (Worker & Cruz)
- Fa 25/2001 (4 Dec) The Bengali Triangle (Jönsson & Bade)
- Fa 26/2001 (18 Dec) The Invisible Phantom (Raab & Ryan)
- Fa 1/2002 (1 Jan) El Dorado Pt.1 (Frognes)
New names here are Per Erik Hedman (Donald Duck writer), artist Paul Ryan (American), and artist Don Perlin. Another new item to appear in Fa 17/2001 will be a 10-page Phantom story in cartoon style (something like Batman), called The Hero by Ben Raab and Dan Davis. Two new non-Phantom contributions will be The Child Crusade by Rolf Gohs, and Merlin by Claes Reimerthi and Ola Skogäng.
My thanks to Kjell Steen for providing this information. My appreciation also to Brian Jensen, Bosse Engberg and Kari Elkelä for the Swedish and Finnish cover scans.
Recommended websites for more information: