|Sy Barry||Fred Fredericks||Glenn Lumsden &
Dave De Vries
In March 2001, 99.94 Editions released an inaugral set of four mini prints. Dietmar commissioned original artworks from four different sources. Sy Barry provided a magnificent oil painting of The Phantom in profile -- have you ever seen a happier Phantom? Fred Fredericks painted an amazing action sequence featuring both The Phantom and Mandrake. Glenn Lumsden and Dave De Vries from the Barossa Valley, South Australia, rendered an incredibly detailed and vibrant scene combining aspects of their 1994/95 Marvel miniseries and Frew's recent reprint of The Phantom Goes To War (#1274). And finally Paul McCall, a graphic artist from Indianapolis, USA, created a montage of scenes from the classic Lee Falk Sunday story The Chain. As each of these pieces are masterpieces and it is only natural that the title of the print series should reflect the contents.
The Masterworks Series is dedicated to Dietmar's "little sister" Rene Cashman, who unexpectedly died recently.
- The series is limited to a total print run of 400 copies worldwide; 200 signed and 200 unsigned of each artwork.
- Customers can purchase individual prints OR complete sets.
- Sets of signed prints will be presented in a folder which will depict an Olympic theme and come with a first day cover dated 15th September 2000 with an Australian Olympic stamp.
- Up to date subscribers are given first opportunity to purchase the same edition number they have with the portrait series.
- The cost of individual prints is $25 for unsigned and $50 for signed. Unsigned sets cost $100, signed $200.
- Sets are courier delivered at a cost of only $15 fully insured.
- Prints are, as always, of the highest quality possible.
All enquiries should be made to:
P.O. Box 451
Hamilton NSW 2303
Ph 02 4961 1637
Fax 02 4962 4494
Bryan Shedden / firstname.lastname@example.org